DART is a collaboration of entities who develop, manage, support and promote the best natural, recreational, and cultural assets in Washington and Hancock Counties.
Our goal is to strengthen the region’s reputation as an exemplary place to live, work, and play.
We aim to provide international exposure for the region while supporting local initiatives and enabling local businesses to directly benefit as much as possible.
Our members and partners include:
- Chambers of Commerce
- Economic Development Organizations
- educational institutions
- professional business organizations
- conservation organizations
- historical societies
- business owners
- state agencies
What DART Does – the short list
- Coordinate with MOT on marketing strategies
- Advocate for regional interests on tourism related issues
- Coordinate with organizations and other tourism regions
- Promote sustainable tourism development
- Create opportunities for collaboration, education, product development and other programs
How our work is funded:
DART is the Maine Office of Tourism’s (MOT) officially designated Destination Marketing Organization for the region.
Marketing and promotion funds come primarily from the Maine Tourism Marketing Partnership Program (MTMPP) through the Maine Office of Tourism (MOT), along with generous cash-match and in-kind donations from our members and partners.