Board of Directors
All Members participate on the Board of Directors. Our Members represent diverse tourism-related interests, including chambers of commerce, economic development groups, regional planning, educational institutions, professional business organizations, recreation and conservation groups, cultural/heritage groups, historical societies, business owners, municipalities, and more.
DART is a fee-based membership organization, but our work benefits DownEast Acadia businesses, organizations, and communities regardless of membership.
Membership is $100/annually and allows for two representatives and one official vote.
Annual membership dues contribute critical required cash-match to maintain our ability to receive a Regional Grant from Maine Office of Tourism (MOT). Cash-match also allows DART to provide planning, development, and management services in addition to Marketing and Promotion work funded by MOT. Our members also contribute valuable in-kind match through their generous donations of time, services, and products.
Responsibilities and Benefits of DART Membership
- Come to the table – either in person or through chosen representation (2 voting positions)
- Provide feedback, input, and ideas, especially on regional marketing projects
- Review and comment on the DownEastAcadia.com website to help us improve this over time
- Share information and photography or video on your sub-region for website development and social media promotion
- Share DART newsletters or important information with your own members and colleagues
- Encourage/assist your members or colleagues to list their business or event on DownEastAcadia.com – they will automatically appear on MOT’s website – and list your own events
- Collaborate and share – support and promote each other’s programs and communities
- Promote regional collaboration, and DART, to your peers and colleagues
- As much as possible, assist with the Annual Symposium and other fundraising efforts
- Pay your dues annually